Wow, aren't these people great! If you have ever moved a house full of furniture you can really appreciate a good reputable moving company.
Here are some really good things to ask that will help you find the right moving company:
- How long has the moving company been in business?
- Are they members of the Better Business Bureau?
- Are the movers employed permanent/full time or are they Temps picked up on a daily basis? Think about it!
- How do they handle fragile items like mirrors and pictures? AND, do they charge for the packaging of such things.
- How do they compensate for damages incurred by mishandling/packing during the move?
- How much do they charge? What are the overtime rates? (What they charge is based a lot on the questions above.)
- I recommend that you call at least 4 moving companies, ask these questions, then, make your comparison. Get a written estimate. And always have a written contract when you have selected the moving company you want.